21 Sep Media Consumer Survey 2015 Australian media and digital preferences
Each year Deloitte’s releases a media consumer survey that shows exactly how us Aussies read our news and enjoy our media. Some of the contents show that we are changing at a rapid pace. Some of the key highlights include:
- 80% of us are now on social media
- 59% of us use social media daily
- 23% of us use social media at least 3 times a day
- Each household has at least 2.3 mobile devices
- 48% say a brand’s social media presence has improved their perception
What does this mean health professionals?
Three key things to think about:
- Make sure you website is compatible for mobile technology. For example, is it easy to view on a phone? Does it take too long to load? Are their any large images making it hard to navigate? There are a number of different WordPress plugins that can help you give you website a bit of a test, have a read of this article on the top 5 plugins to make your website mobile responsive.
- Social Media is a necessary evil. No matter how busy you are, having a presence on social media can lead to more clients. Want more encouragement on why your business needs Facebook, read this now.
- Consistency of content. With almost a third of Aussies checking their social media three times a day keep your messages current and consistent! Too often we see mismanaged or ignored social media. As a client there is nothing worse than visiting a business Facebook page to see that the last post was March 2014! Personally I would come to one of two conclusions, the first is easy, the business no longer exists. The second would be that there is no love or trust in that business – if you can’t look after your social media page how do I know you can look after me?
Also don’t forget we offer a ‘Free Brand Review‘ where we pick apart your brand/website/social media and let you know how you rate!